The Turin Headquarter provides a diagnostic service of plant diseases caused by viruses or virus-like pathogens for Regional Phytosanitary Services, centres for agricultural research and Italian private companies through the following activities:
- production of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies;
- preparation of serological, enzyme immunoassay and immuno-chromatographic diagnostic kits;
- improvement of molecular diagnostic methods, immuno-labeling and immuno-electron microscopy techniques;
- plant health improvement for nurseries through clonal and sanitary selection and recovery of infected clones;
- serological and/or molecular assays for detection of the most important grapevine viruses and viroids;
- IPSP supervises the pre-multiplication activity of CEPREMAVI – Piedmont and Liguria Regions, with the aim to provide nurseries with propagation material of grape selected clones officially registered by IPSP;
- introduction of the resistance to virus or virus-like pathogens in plant species with conventional and non-conventional methodologies, followed by a selection and verification of the resistance to pathogens in a controlled environment.
For further information and quotes, please contact Dr. Marina Ciuffo, email@example.com Phone +39 0113977923
The Turin Unit provides a support for sample preparation for optical and electron microscopy:
- Samples processing for TEM standard resin embedding;
- Ultramicrotomy on “semi-thin” and ultra-thin” sections – staining for optical observation and counterstaining for TEM observation;
- Immunolabelling for the localization of specific antigens on “ultra-thin” sections for TEM observation;
- Observation under a transmission electron microscope (TEM) apparatus.
OTHER SERVICES: morphological and molecular identification of soil fungi with specific attention to mycorrhizal fungi, such as truffles.
For further information and quotes, please contact Antonella Faccio, firstname.lastname@example.org Phone +39 0116502927
The Florence Unit provides a diagnostic service of plant diseases caused by pathogens for Regional Phytosanitary Services, centres for agricultural research and nurseries through the following activities:
- traditional and molecular approaches (PCR, real-time PCR);
- early detection of disease in nursery;
- diagnosis of rot diseases caused by pathogens in urban area;
- selection of clones resistant to cypress canker and Dutch Elm Disease (DED).
For further information, please contact Dr. Nicola Luchi, email@example.com Phone +39 0555225531
The Bari Unit provides services and assistance for plant disease characterization and pathogen identification. The Unit has skills and equipment to conduct:
- biological indexing, serological tests (ELISA) and molecular identification of the main plant viruses, viroids and systemic pathogens (i.e. CTV, PPV and Xylella fastidiosa);
- electron microscopy observations;
- detection and identification of plant pathogen bacteria in host plants and in the soil through microbiological, immunoenzymatic and molecular assays;
- identification of nematodes by using bioassays and molecular tests;
- production of microbial antagonists to control plant nematodes and biocontrol;
- modelling the plant-nematode-antagonist interactions;
- characterization of novel plant pathogens by using metagenomic approaches;
- next-generation sequencing for transcriptome, RNAseq analysis and small RNA profiling (library construction, single and paired-end sequencing by Illumina technology, bioinformatics analyses);
- production of virus-free plant materials;
- screening of plant germplasm for resistance to viruses, fungi and nematodes;
- test microbial antagonists to control plant diseases.
For further information, please contact Dr. Angelantonio Minafra, firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +39 080 5443065