My research activity is mainly focused on the study of the following aspects:
- biological and molecular variability of plant viruses, with special reference to: AMV, PMoV, CMV, PVY, TSWV, TYLCV and TYLCSV;
- characterization of genetic resistances from tomato wild relatives and constitution of tomato breeding lines resistant to viruses;
- development and validation of molecular diagnostic tools specific for plant viruses (RT-PCR, RT-PCR-RFLP, riboprobes);
- characterization of Bemisia tabaci mitochondrial variants and associated geminiviruses and endosymbionts;
- impacts of plant viruses on human healthy.